Eastside Community Network Eastside Air Quality Forum
September 16 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
EASTSIDE AIR QUALITY FORUM
Monday, September 16th, 2019 6 – 8 pm
Eastside Community Network
4401 Conner St, Detroit, MI 48215
Free – Dinner at 6 pm provided by ECN
In response to the Fiat Chrysler (FCA) expansion’s impacts on Air Quality, residents have been gathering to learn more, develop community recommendations, and present them to FCA. FCA will have an additional community benefits process as required by the air quality permit from the Department of Environment, Great Lakes & Energy (EGLE).
• Come meet your neighbors, hear from air quality and public health experts and advocates, and share your ideas, questions and concerns.
• Learn about the state of public health on the Eastside and what the impact of FCA’s increased emissions may be on our vulnerable populations.
• Hear about ways to improve air quality that have worked in other areas and share your ideas.
• Learn about the findings from, and participate in, an ongoing resident-led Environmental Health Survey.
• Organize with your neighbors toward better air quality in the coming months.
Presented by Detroit People’s Platform, Eastside Community Network, Eastside Resident Environmental Health Working Group, Ecology Center, Great Lakes Environmental Law Center, Michigan Environmental Justice Coalition, State Senator Stephanie Chang and Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib.